Wish List For Automation Hub

Room management system like the app listed below where it is more than just a collection of devices, it is a collection of configurations and routines for how to interact with the room.

1 Like

Considering that’s a community app there’s always a good chance the developer will bring it here…

3 Likes

Oh yeah, also a package manager of sorts would be nice to manage and install 3rd party code.

8 Likes

Grafana/InfluxDB type logging for the dashboards would be sweet, albeit most likely a power user kind of request.

3 Likes

Probably outside the purview of a HA hub, but built in PiVPN or other VPN platform with Wireguard would be awesome. I say PiVPN because it is dead simple to setup and their user management system is great including generating QR codes for the clients.

3 Likes

I’d like a hot spare.

5 Likes

Apologies if this has already been suggested… I haven’t read the entire thread…

Some general admin and health type features built-in:

• Automated backups stored both locally on the hub but also sent to a nominated external / cloud-hosted location
  • Built-in monitoring of device health, e.g. battery level, time since last activity, etc, with the ability to turn these off where devices don’t report accurately or often
  • Built-in monitoring of hub health, e.g. memory and CPU usage, disk space, etc
  • Built-in monitoring of networks, e.g. Zigbee mesh, Z-Wave, etc

Simon

6 Likes

Playing a bit of catch up.

Wishing for:

• Optional hub networking. I used hub connect in the beginning but I think that other group did a good job of taking that idea and adding hub mesh into their hub. Hopefully we will see that here as well.
    From a stability and reliability standpoint running multiple hubs makes my system far better.
    If one hub fails all the rest keep on going vs one hub and everything failing.
    You will also multiply your sales as new user discover this benefit

• Node red or web core which ever running locally contained on each hub. Again helps stability if a hub fails it is failed you are done anyway but the other hubs and those versions of node red keep going. Basically what rule machine does now just rule machine sucks.
    Now with the other hub we have to run node red on a separate system and if it fails everything fails.

• Two-Factor Authentication for security

• Full clone backup. If a hub has a total failure the ability to just install a full clone onto a new hub without having to go and pair all the devices or rebuild rules all over again.

5 Likes

Another thing that would be nice to have is the ability to update settings for similar devices in bulk, e.g. enabling / disabling logging, etc. Even better would be the ability to define default settings for different device types.

4 Likes

Seeing that most of us own HE’s, I’d be interested if:

• the price is right (I guess we’ll see when the IGG campaign goes live :grinning:

• integration with HE and Node Red

• Rock solid Xiaomi integration + Ikea stuff

1 Like

Look carefully at the pre-launch pages… those questions are answered

3 Likes

I’m not seeing the reference to that.

Oh and homebridge support too!

Look carefully at the integrations

1 Like

How about integration with Tado please.

The integrations shown in that image are by no means all we support, you can only cram so much info into an image :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

But all logos shown are/planned to be supported at least?

1 Like

Is that an old Arlo logo I see there? If so, good! And if not, booo :smile:

2 Likes

Biometric login/security for dashboards, assuming there is a mobile app which would make using dashboards for security based devices a lot more user friendly.

2 Likes

Maybe this is already covered above but I didn’t find it…

Support for updating end device firmware.

2 Likes