We have some questions

You’ll have opportunity to suggest it in person soon :slight_smile:

OKAY!
:grin:

1 Like

Is there a list of the features that CORE currently support out of box?

That’s 20 cents which is 10x what I’m normally able to contribute :rofl:

4 Likes

Any idea to when core is coming?

Given that China is in lockdown, I don’t have an answer for you as of right now.

I understand and looking forward to the core and can’t hide my enthusiasm.

3 Likes

Apologies if it’s been asked.

I’m curious if CORE will have any kind of supervision to ensure device commands are honored in event of network congestion / failure?

2 Likes

Oh you mean I can get rid of all these check downs? That would be swell! :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes, Markus is working on that in CORE services. It should be close to being ready here soon. If it’s something that can be installed before shipping, we will, but it won’t put CORE on hold if it’s not quite ready. We’ll deploy it.

If it’s any consolation, We’ve not run into any congestion issues and @RRodman runs a lot of downlights that are grouped together.

6 Likes

72 at last count and all are wifi based… Since CORE utilizes MQTT i have ensured all of my devices commands are routed through that. Using the proper QOS setting to ensure a message is delivered once and only once to a device I can happily report that it has been MONTHS since I have had a light (or anything else for that matter) not end up in the state it should be.

It’s going to take some getting used to once supervisor rolls out… so many things I will have to get out of the habit of doing as they will now be obsolete!

1 Like

Oh the horror. Yes this is what I was thinking about. Glad to hear @markus is on the case.

2 Likes

So true story.

I somehow managed to misplace the zwave stick i ordered for this endeavor. Lol - has Oh la managed to source any extras?

Yes, there might be, provided we are able to unbrick the one that’s on my desk. We’ll have to let you know. If I can’t unbrick it, then the working one I have I’ll have to send to @LosinIt .
Markus had one, but his smart vaccuum ate it and it got thrown away.
:face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

Must be some international crime org taking them because they are so scarce. Or maybe we didn’t really buy them and the lease expired!!! You know, like so many cloud services that vanish overnight?

You don’t happen to have a smart vacuum or maybe a cat, do you @Cwwilson08 ? :thinking:

@april.brandt, you can send “mine” to @Cwwilson08 and get me one when they become available.

1 Like

Mouser claims to have 303 of the SiLabs stick in stock.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Silicon-Labs/SLUSB001A

4 Likes

Hop on that! For sure!

2 Likes

It’s much too late. I looked when I saw the post and there were none then…maybe an hour after the post.

Hmm, not sure what happened but I see 302 in stock at this link - https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Silicon-Labs/SLUSB001A?qs=u16ybLDytRbJsMfgk3EnSA%3D%3D

3 Likes

Interesting. Your link works but NOT if I truncate it at the “?”, the way that @0AB9N posted it.

I always remove the “?” and following because I think it has to do with trackers but obviously it’s needed in this case.

2 Likes