TV Recommendations

Same with Sony TV’s. Works well. Change monitor power, change channel, volume, inputs etc.

1 Like

There’s an absolutely immaculate REST API integration for Sony Android​ TVs over at the HE forums. It works really nicely and gives you more or less complete control over the TV. For example, here’s a TV remote dashboard I built, below. You can control, on, off, mute, volume, start up Netflix or YouTube, move the cursor around, change source etc. All controllable from Rule Machine. It’s so cool and smacks the Samsung integration into the touchline. There’s still an open thread on that subject with people struggling to turn their Samsung TVs on ha ha ha. I really think to only buy Sony TVs from now on to celebrate their efforts on their open API :smile:

Rules:

Example RM rule:

2 Likes

Yeah I have been leaning this way too since AFAIK they are basically the best screen on the market, rivaled really only by LG iirc, and their software is top notch being Android TV. The only thing that might be pulling me back is the MQTT of Hisense, but those are budget displays at the end of the day.

1 Like

You can change the icon on your buttons in the Advanced → Layout tab to be blank:

It’s not an option to choose so you have to select another icon 1st in Templates then go to Advanced → Layout and change customIcon to “he_blank”. It will get rid of the image on all of your buttons.

I did similar remote with Roku’s API:

3 Likes

Cool much better, thanks!

3 Likes

These remote dashboard s are very well done. I am going to have to figure this out now.

Where did you find the icons you used? I like 'em

Just Google “round blue icon shadow”. You should be able to find some nice icons that way. There are various sites that have the. Some I had to make up myself using an image editor. I use ‘gimp’ for that, which is free but takes a bit of learning.

Actually, looking at them again here I need to improve the colour matching so that they are more uniform.