[Release] Xiaomi / Aqara / Opple Drivers with Presence!

For reasons stated in the thread linked below, I suspect it is increasingly difficult for @markus to support existing drivers or create new ones.

That being said, have you tried this driver?

Hi @aaiyar, I appreciate your sugestion, but that is exactly what I am already using right now. It works but it keeps losing connection. I suppose the markus driver would better with keeping connection alive.

Hi @KillSIG, are you able to get 3 Virtual Switches when using the modified version from andydvsn?
I tried the same but only able to get a device but no virtual switches.

Today arrived my first “Xiaomi Smart Home Mijia Honeywell Smoke Detector” (Model: JTYJ-GD-01LM/BW)! :blush:

After connecting the device and installing @markus’s driver I can access my new device. :+1:

The first “Test” command works, after a while the battery status (100%) is shown, and even my long push on the little button of my device raised an smoke=“testing…” event in Hubitat.

Great! But…

I’ve noticed that the log is now flooded with “Parse START” messages:

=> lastClear is actualized 10 to 20 times a minute!
I fear that the battery will be very fast drained.

Any suggestions?

Any ideas to stop this :arrow_up: draining?

@Jost So your questions is not left unanswered I just wanted to remind everyone that it is getting increasingly difficult for @markus to continue supporting these drivers due to limitation mention in this thread.

Also if your able, or know someone that might be, consider forming a team that can take over updating/troubleshooting his drivers on the current platform. I wish I could help more, but I have zero experience in that realm.

2 Likes

Just got a Aqara Smart Plug SP-EUC01 which works with this driver except I don’t get the power report to work. Just stays at 0 all the time. Anyway to get the power reporting to work?

I get the same message but only every 30 - 45 minutes. Perhaps reset and re-pair?

1 Like

Usually when this happens it is due to a configuration not being set during pairing. With the driver not being specifically written for that particular device (as far as I can remember?), it may just not work without modifications. I know it worked with Aqara Outlets in the past since I have a couple of those and when I use HE they worked with this driver.

I changed to the generic ZigBee outlet driver and the power started to work. So I guess it was the driver and not the pairing.

Sounds like Aqara has made a standard device for once :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But was it on purpose or by accident? :joy:

1 Like

I have a few Opple 6-gang switches and I am using your driver on the HE. Overall, they seem to work ok, but I am getting errors in the logs. Any idea what could be wrong ?

There must be a change in the HE API, not important if you get your button presses as it is anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, that is what I was thinking.

Something is sending a push() command to these devices; this won’t happen on its own, so it must be an app you created. This be include a Rule or Dashboard or really any app. (The button-related capabilites were updated in 2.2.6 to require commands like this for button devices, simulating a “virtual” press if nothing else, as most only generate events otherwise on real-world presses.) The “Push a button” action in Rule Machine or Button Controller or creating a Dashboard button where you chose this device and button 1 to “push” are likely candidates, but any app using the device could theoretically do this — or you manually on the device page, but you’d probably know if you were doing that. :slight_smile:

That being said, it’s harmless as long as you’re not depending on whatever the result you’d normally get from this is (generating a button event for another purpose?). It would also be fairly trivial to implement this command, but again not really necessary if you don’t use it.

2 Likes

Thanks! Looking deeper into it, these errors indeed only occur when I use the ABC Button Controller app. I just didn’t make the connection until I read your post. I don’t use that app often, but I was doing some remote testing and couldn’t use the physical buttons.

1 Like

Are there plans to support the new P1 sensors? They can be found in Aqara’s Amazon store

2 Likes

Hi @markus,

Thanks for all your hard work. I just installed an Aqara Cube using your driver. FYI - The first time I installed the Cube the HE would not receive any events from the Cube. I removed the device, re-added it and the second time, as expected, the events were being received by the HE.

All the events (shake, rotate, etc.) are all working properly with one exception. I can’t get the driver to receive a knock event. I have tried knocking on the Cube as well as lifting the Cube up and forcefully putting it down on a hard surface. But the HE event log shows no reception of any event when I do this.

Any ideas would be welcome. FYI - I program in a number of languages but Groovy is not one of them. So, please be gentle.

Thanks in advance for the help

1 Like

I was finally able to get this working. I had been away from the cube for a few hours. When I started testing again it turned out that the HE wasn’t receiving any events from the Cube. I finally ended up deleting the device and driver, re-adding both, and then all the events started working.

Not sure what is going on. I’m going to keep monitoring to see if the problem occurs again.

Thanks

2 Likes