How do you use these again?

Yeah - I know I have to do it. Just been putting it off

I have a couple of installs of NR - my primary one is on RPi4 (Homebridge image) and this is the one that is backed up and a test one on a Mac (with a bunch of nodes that are not in my live instance). I can install a fresh instance on a another Mac but not sure if a RPi backup will work if I put it on a Mac. Any thoughts on that?

UPDATE: It works! I had to rename two files (flows and credentials) but other than that, it was just copying everything from the .node-red folder into the one on my Mac. Thanks for making me do this…

A whole system backup will not work but for NR all you need is the .node-red directory contents and children. That is all JS and fully transportable cross platform. I believe the only thing that could trip you up is having different versions of NR or nodejs installed.

Yeah - that’s all I am backing up (.node-red directory) and apart from renaming the two files because of different usernames, it worked.

Good deal :+1: Don’t you feel better now? :grin:

2 Likes

Uhm … Yah … I put it off … just a hair too long. BUT, I was given graces and was able to restore from the old ssd that used to be my pi. #doasisaynotasido

2 Likes

Ain’t THAT the truth!

2 Likes

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like