Aqara Vibration Sensor Sensitivy Level

I have a harmony ultimate and hub I think…but never got beyond doing a few lights…was waiting to buy a Cheap Elite but I don’t think that gonna happen…

not that harmony. i was using it in the musical meaning, all working together lol

LOL…OMG…my bad…I worked graveyard last night no sleep sorry…I’m slow…

1 Like

After all that and $$ spent Looks like the old RIng Motion Sensor will do the trick!!! “fair” signal but still connecting!!!

I’m trying to wrap my brain around this…What are you using to hold the “status” of the mail?

Since your using HE you’d want to create a virtual switch to hold and toggle that status,

1 Like

I understand that part…I think…then U are using a file that has the “state” written to it based on a rule in RM?

Thank you for your patience with me…I want to learn but I’m still a newb…

It depends on where you want to handle it, Rob is doing it all in Node-RED I assume and as such did not want to create a virtual HE device to store the data, so he went down the context data route, basically just creating a variable in the NR ecosystem.

Now if you want to stay inside HE entirely, I would create a virtual switch and then toggle that switch based on the mailbox motion sensor. Then do whatever logic you want using that switch as the data for whether or not the mailbox has stuff in it in RM.

Thank U for the reply…I have have Hoobs on a Pi and had Node Red for a min but that’s a whole other learning curve I dont think im ready for yet…I’ll have to get some sleep and I’ll take a crack at something in RM…I found something prebaked in community apps but its limited to only a contact sensor…